Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7: Dishes

After having decluttered 58 pieces of clothing from my wardrobe, for this week I am changing my focus to the kitchen. I am very pleased with my prior decision to not only declutter one piece each day, but as many as I feel like. Otherwise it would have taken me nearly two months instead of six days to get rid of the clothes.

Today, dishes.


 Chipped dishes, that is.

I am not superstitious, but wasn't it a Russian saying not to have chipped dishes in the house, for good luck, or was it Feng Shui?


Anyway, those four pieces don't feel round anymore. So they have to go. As there is no eve-of-the-wedding-party (German Polterabend) in sight, where guests bring pottery and smash it in front of the happy couple, their only destination is: trash.


Thank you for holding those yummy desserts and breakfasts.
Goodbye.